And then I found this note by nikonshooter on this Apple Discussion board post:
I found this on Flickr from Distant mirroe had this problem a few days ago, and found the following solution:Create a new Aperture library (just name it Temp or something irrelevant), then switch back to your main library. Then you can delete Temp. It worked for me, YMMV.
This tip worked for me. I’m thinking that there’s something which gets initialised in Aperture when a new library is created. My current library was an import from Aperture 2, so therein may lie the problem.
- 1 L Red wine
- 125 ml Water
- 60 gr Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 Cloves
- 1 tblsp Lemon peel
Boil sugar and spices in water, leave in the water for 30 minutes. Strain the spiced water and mix with the wine. Heat slowly until short of boiling temperature. (To remove alcohol, let it boil for a while.) You may add lemon or orange juice to taste. Serve in irish coffee cup.
I’ve just added a couple of workflows which use the “Add Prefix String” Automator Action.
- Download PDFs from Airnav - which lets you type in the identifier for an airport and then proceeds to download the aeronautical instrument approach chart PDFs for that airport to a specified directory. You will want to change the directory in the Automator workflow.
- Search in IMDB - which puts up a dialog to enter text which will then be searched for in IMDB
The workflows can be downloaded as a zip here and are also linked off the Software page.
I tried the vnc://computer.ip.address trick to connect to my iBook running Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and it worked! So indeed you can connect to another computer which runs a VNC server. Unfortunately I don’t have any non-Mac OS X computers which run VNC server to test. Someone go out and try!! And do let me know!!
I wrote an Automator action to prepend a string to an input string, since I needed to add a web URL to a word. It was a little convoluted to get around writing it but the Automator Tutorial for Applescript Actions at Apple’s Developer site was extremely helpful. I decided on an Applescript based action since it was a little easier to write. You can download the “Append Prefix String” action from the Software page or directly from this link. I’ve also included a link to the source files on the Software page.
Sample workflow below: